Hotel Staff Demand in Canada
Location: Vancouver, BC
Working Hour: Casual
We are looking to hire a hard-working Kitchen Helper to clean, stock, and maintain the kitchen as well as help with the preparation of meal ingredients. The Kitchen Helper’s responsibilities include retrieving ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom, measuring ingredients as per the Cook’s instructions, and removing leftovers from patrons’ plates, bowls, and glasses. You should also be able to ensure that all work areas are properly sanitized.
Overview : Hotel Staff Demand in Canada
Few hotels can rival the elegance, European charm, and hospitality of The Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver. Situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver, The Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver has over 560 guest rooms and suites, approximately 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting/event space, and its spectacular setting allows guests to experience exceptional service with first-class amenities, from a personal concierge to a signature restaurant and wine merchant. Set against a majestic backdrop of mountains and sea, and with the city’s famous shopping, business, arts and entertainment districts just steps away, guests will experience the perfect blend of luxury and cosmopolitan ambience.
To be successful as a Kitchen Helper, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures and remove expired or spoiled ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom. Ultimately, an outstanding Kitchen Helper should be able to follow all food health and safety regulations and display exceptional organizational skills to ensure the timely completion of kitchen duties.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Links for Ejobslist the Genuine Jobs Provider Website.
Production Workers Hiring in New Zealand Apply & Know More
Packing Staff in New Zealand Apply & Know More
Farm Workers Demand in Canada Apply & Know More
Crew Members Demand in New Zealand Apply & Know More
Responsibilities : Hotel Staff Demand in Canada
- Preparing meal ingredients for the Cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing ingredients.
- Assisting kitchen staff to unload food supplies from delivery trucks.
- Properly washing and drying all dishes, utensils, cooking instruments and cutting boards.
- Neatly putting away all utensils, cooking instruments, dishes, and cutting boards in their respective places.
- Packing take-out orders as needed.
- Removing garbage, replacing garbage bags, and washing garbage cans.
- Mopping and sweeping the kitchen areas as required.
- Storing ingredients and food items according to food safety standards.
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- Portion and wrap foods
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Handle and store cleaning products
The successful candidate must be able to handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and display strong attention to detail. Previous experience an asset.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
You can submit your document to this website or apply directly to the company’s site: Apply Here
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sutton Place Hotel, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application. **